LATEST NEWS ARTICLES
- White House science office to hold first-ever event on countering 'climate delayism' (Feb. 24, 2022)
- San Diego scientists give mixed reaction to climate summit (Nov. 2, 2021)
- Earth's climate outlook grim but not hopeless, faith leaders say (August 10, 2021)
- UCSD climate scientist Ramanathan to receive prestigious Blue Planet Prize (June 15, 2021)
- Climate scientist: Still time to curb worst effects of warmer world. Catholic Philly. November 20, 2018.
- Discovery segment in the NPR Podcast: My First Day. October 10, 2018.
- Catholics urge action as UN report forecasts climate crisis in coming decades. October 10, 2018.
- Veerabhadran Ramanathan wins 2018 Tang Prize for Sustainable Development. Clean & Climate Air Coalition. June 28, 2018.
- Full: Well Under 2 Degrees Celsius: Fast Action Policies to Protect People and the Planet from Extreme Climate Change. Published by the Institute of Governance and Sustainable Development, Washington DC, Sept 14, 2017
- Well below 2°C: Mitigation strategies for avoiding dangerous to catastrophic climate changes. PNAS 2017; published ahead of print September 14, 2017
- Scripps Study: There’s A Chance Climate Change Can Wipe Out Humans By 2050 KPBS September 15, 2017
PROJECT SURYA IN THE NEWS
- Global efforts launched for more efficient cook stoves, Web India September 27, 2010.
- UNEP joins global initiative for clean energy cook stoves, UNEP, September 21, 2010
- Black Carbon and climate change,PRI’s The World, August 10, 2010.
- Memo to David Cameron, Surya is a word to use in India, UK Telegraph, July 28, 2010.
- Black Carbon Emissions in Asia: Sources, Impacts, and Abatement Opportunities, USAID, Asia, April, 2010.
- Time for action on black carbon, US Congress warned, IAP News, March, 2010
- The threat in Village Soot, International Herald Tribune (Front page of Special Copenhagen Issue), December, 2009.
- A River Ran Through It, Time Magazine, December, 2009.
- Carbon dioxide not the only climate enemy, San Diego Union Tribune, November 29, 2009.
- Profile: Veerabhadran Ramanathan: From Burning Dung to Global Warming and Back Again, Science, October 16, 2009.
- The Other Climate Changers: Why Black Carbon and Ozone Also Matter, Foreign Affairs, September, 2009.
- Listed in Top 10 Atmospheric Science Experiments, Scientific American, April 2009.
- Soot solution: New stoves?, Scientific American, April 16, 2009.
- Third-World Stove Soot Is Target in Climate Fight, New York Times (Front Page article), April 16, 2009.
- A Victory in the Global Warming Fight?, San Diego Union Tribune, March 17, 2009.
- The Other Carbon: Reducing Black Carbon’s Role in Global Warming, Wired, February 17, 2008.